Wednesday, January 7, 2009

bittersweet.. but in a good way.

I had originally started this post on Wednesday night but needed a few days to get my thoughts together, due to how upset I was.

It is official. Sean and Alice are on the road! I spoke to Sean yesterday afternoon and they were on their way to Hot Springs, AR. Today is going to be a non-driving day for them so they can relax and get a break. We have been texting back and forth but it was a great thing to hear my brother's voice and catch up. If interested their blog is- http://seanandalice.blogspot.com/2009/01/troutville-or-bust.html

The reason I needed a few days was I was an emotional wreck. They were here Wednesday night to say good-bye. I was so good at controlling my emotions until they drove away. Then I was a mess. I am not going to lie because my brother is one of my best friends and now he is so far away. Thursday morning I was a bit emotional but became overwhelmed with emotion when Alice sent me a text that they were leaving Philly. I KNOW this is what they need to do to make things work. I KNOW they will be happy out in California. It is the distance. NYC- train ride away. California- a bit of a ride away. It will all work out... for sure!

I am feeling better and I am so excited for them to make this move in life! I know, and have come to terms with, that I will not see them until right before the wedding. As long as they are here on August 29, 2009- if not before- it will make my day!

No comments: