Monday, August 17, 2009

maybe a meltdown

First I have to thank Alice for calling me at 7am after I sent her a text saying that I NEEDED her to call me. After a mini meltdown, I got my ass together, counted up the number of each entree to take to Celebrations. 21 Capon, 80 filet, and 16 Veggie Pyramids. I was all good! Sure there was a lump in my throat that we were going to pay the remaining balance for the wedding BUT I sucked it up. I picked Dan up from work and we were on our way to Celebrations to tie up all the loose ends.
Now, a few months ago, I called Celebrations and asked them to fax me a copy of their floor plan when I was getting replies back in the mail. Everything was fine! Now, when I get to look at the seating chart they have for the CORRECT ballroom, they only have 10 tables. The other one half double that amount, mainly b/c it hold like 300 people. I understood the mistake but was kinda fuming inside.
I am not sitting here and have no effing idea where to put some people. I know people do not sit a lot at weddings but this is killing me! I am trying to be nice and sit people with other people they know. I am about to close my eyes and shuffle this shit up. Friends are no issue. They all get along BUT family... c'mon! One will not sit with the other. Let some one bitch... I might kick someone's ass...

2 comments:

HAPPY said...

Hi!

I am a friend of Ruth's! I would tell them how I wanted it & that's the way it has to be! Why are you letting them tell you what you are doing with YOUR money? Toughen up!!!

Sincerely,
Peggela

pollyhyper said...

I Hated doing seating charts, too. In the end, we decided to seat people how it worked best for us, and maybe open some people's eyes. We sat J's Republican-conservative uncle with his mom's 2 best friends who are in a committed lesbian relationship. We sat cousins with other people (young-ish adult) their age, not with their parents. People had fun, they small-talked if nothing else, and after food, everyone was wandering around anyway! Don't worry too much!

Tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!