Sunday, December 28, 2008

this too shall pass

Christmas has come and gone very quickly this year. For me, it was a very melancholy experience. It was great to have dinner out house with Ruth (future mom-in-law), Scott (her boyfriend), Barbara (my mom), Sean, and Alice. It was like a pot luck dinner where everyone contributed by bringing something.
It became a little harder as the night wore on and a little more emotional for me especially. Sean and Alice were leaving for Maine the next day to spend time with her family before the big move to California. When my brother needed directions, I told him to meet me in the office and we had an emotional moment. We had a nice cry together saying how much we are going to miss each other. My brother is one of my best friends. It was not bad at all when he moved to NYC because it was a short ride and I could always use a weekend away sometimes. California? It is so damn far from here. In our emotional moment, I told him he better be at the wedding or else I would "come at him like a spider monkey". I know it is what he has to do or else there will always be the "what ifs" in his mind. I plan on racking up frequent flyer miles for this!
I know that technology is so different now. We have Facebook, MySpace, email, AIM, and iChat but nothing beats a face to face conversation with someone. With Sean and I, it is more of a heated debate. I am not only sad he is leaving but he is taking my new sister-in-law with him. Talk about a kick ass girl! Love her to death.
I will see him sometime in early January before they take the cross country adventure in their Volvo with their lives packed in cardboard boxes. They will love it out their even though I know it is going to be scary for them for awhile.
Hopefully they will get a permenant place soon as possible so I can crash at their place!! Until next time!

No comments: