Saturday, December 20, 2008

wedding shower and bachelorette party



So last weekend was INSANE!!! I was out all morning/early afternoon getting food and other stuff for the bridesmaids meeting I was going to be having at 3pm on Saturday. I was supposed to be picking Sara up at 3. Alice told me she was running late so I went to pick up Sara hoping the other Sarah would not arrive while Dan and I were out. For those that know me, I cannot stand to be late. I was running late picking Sara up BUT decided to stop for a cafe mocha anyway. Jenkintown Java was crowded so it too a little to long to get my caffinee fix and get out of there. When I get to Sara's house, Dan wants to go up and get her but I am pissy and just want her to come out to the car so we can leave. I call her phone and she does not answer so I stomp up to the house and ring the bell. She lets me in and- SURPRISE!!- there are all my friends and family waiting there. I was so freaking surprised! They decided to have the shower so early before the wedding b/c Alice is moving to California and was not sure if she would be able to make it one closer to the wedding. I yelled at Dan b/c I made alot of food but he said him and Steve, who was supposed to be in NYC, would eat it and hang out. I got a lot of awesome presents and gift cards to spend! There was awesome food and drinks as well. The girls also decided to make this my bachelorette partyas well! This was later in the night when family members had left andit was just the girls! They got Sweet Lucy's to eat, we did Karaoke, and played Pin the Junk on the Hunk... the types of junk they had were hysterical!! Dan and Steve came back and we decided to stay at the house and play some games. Needless to say, I had way too much to drink and had an emotional meltdown... I am not going to embarass myself with the details of that.
I wanted to thank my girls- Sara, Sarah, and Alice, for planning such an awesome time. Also, thanks to my friends and family members that kept it a secret, especially my mom!
I cannot wait for the wedding day and it is only a little over 9 months away!

No comments: