Monday, July 6, 2009

time for contacts!

So today I went to the eye doctor. I decided to use my OTHER insurance to cover the eye exam. I actually went to get a prescription for contact lenses. I got the whole comprehensive eye exam and all is well! The eye doctor was wonderful and very patient. I did not want to try to get the contacts in while I was at the store BUT the doctor talked me into it. After a while I did get the contacts in and could not believe how awesome I could see! I am still wearing them and am really excited. I actually went and got a pair of sunglasses when I was done with the eye doctor. I am wearing disposable contacts BUT I am not going to sleep in them. I have to go back in a week to get my eyes checked b/c of the whole allergy thing.
I do not plan on wearing the contacts everyday. I do love my glasses but i do plan on wearing them when I go out places. It is strange to look in the mirror and not see glasses!
I am not stoked to not wear glasses for the wedding. I do not like the way the reflection catches on the flash and, because I have Transition Lenses, they make the area around my eyes where the glasses are look dark.
It will be nice to walk up the aisle, exchange my vows, and dance the night away with out squinting the whole time!

1 comment:

pollyhyper said...

Hooray for contacts! I've been wearing them for so long that I HATE wearing glasses now - no peripheral vision, and my (eyeglass) lenses ALWAYS seem to be dirty.

You're going to be beautiful, dahlink!