Sunday, November 9, 2008

the mood was pissy


On Saturday, I had to get my ass out of bed early so I could attend a PFT Conference at a hotel at 17th and Race. I get off the train at Suburban Station and start walking up 17th Street when my iPhone goes dead. I mean no screen, no sound, NADA! I played with it for awhile and found no reason it should no be working. I did not drop it anywhere or get it wet. I had no clue.
Fast forward to when I get home. I plug it into the charger and it makes the screechy sound it usually make to let me know it is charging. No screen just yet. I have Dan call me- nothing again. Dan has the idea to drive to the AT&T store to see what they can do. Dan swears that the screen is broken because it is making sound but nothing is coming up. We get to the store and explain the situation to the girl. She played with it for a minute then tells us that we have to take it to an Apple store because AT&T can only sell them. The Apple store is who services them. I am so freaking upset at this point so I kick on the bitch mode instantly. Dan got something to eat and says he will look some info up on the internet and/or call the Apple store to see what they say. At this point, I am ready to throw the phone in the trash and not even care. We get home and Dan begins to Google solutions to my iPhone problems. He tells me it is the Black Screen of Death BUT he might be able to fix it. Finally, Dan was able to fix it. I have no idea how but my iPhone is back up and working!!
Lesson learned? Be carefully when you download the virtual Zippo lighter application for the iPhone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You were indeed pissy. I can attest to that.

Toohey said...

I was pissy and you can bite me