Friday, November 7, 2008

sometimes I am a bit emotional....

Today was not a bad day! School was not too bad and only a few knuckleheads got on my nerves. I was sitting down today and I was overcome with some emotion. I began to think about my Grandmom. She passed away in March of 2004. For those of you who never had the pleasure of meeting Catherine Toohey, let me give you some info. She was right off the boat from Ireland, with the Irish attitude and temper intact. My father was her youngest child out of a total of 5. When my brother and I were young, my mom did not put us in daycare because my Grandmom told her she would take care of us. Everyday, until either of us werein school, we went down to East Madison Street to spend the day with my Grandmom. The only day I did NOT see my Grandmom was on Saturday. We saw her all week, including Sunday for the family Sunday dinner. She was the most wonderful person I have ever met. I was blessed to have her for so long. As the wedding gets closer, I miss her more. I wish she could be there. I KNOW she will be there in spirit but I will miss her being there.... To Catherine Toohey (1/13/10-3/08/04) I miss you!! (http://www.legacy.com/philly/DeathNotices.asp?Page=SearchResults)

No comments: